[LAD] Request: Native Linux vst Host

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 17:47:08 UTC 2009

Hi devs,

I would like to make a humble request:

I would like to have a simple, stand-alone application for hosting
native Linux vsts (.so).  It would have very simple gui requirements
(gtk?), be simple to use, and multichannel like ghostess is, able to
load a plugin per channel.  it would support jack midi.

I would be willing to donate to such a project...I know $100 USD isn't
enough to feed anyone's kids, but I would be willing to give that
amount (today, to a registered paypal acct) to see this simple app
written by someone who has a track record of doing good projects
(Nedko immediate jumps to mind, but I'm sure there are others).  is
there someone who would like to do this?

(energyXT hosts native plugins, as does renoise and ardour, but I just
want an app that can be called up live.  jost exists, but I've never
been able to get it to play for more than a few minutes without
crashing...maybe something else exists that I'm not aware of?)

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com