[LAD] workflow

rosea grammostola rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 20:28:51 UTC 2009

rosea grammostola wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As this article points out
> (http://digitaldub.wordpress.com/2009/12/16/linux-audio-session-scripting/),
> Linux audio has advantages but also disadvantages, which lash/ ladish
> etc want to solve.
>
> But there is another feature in apps which makes the workflow much
> faster and that is a simple:
> 'Open recent documents/settings/files'
>
> Like you have in openoffice 'recent documents'.
>
> I do miss this feature in apps as jack-rack, lv2rack, jack-mixer etc.
>

> Btw. I saw an interesting research about open source and usability:
> http://ingimp.org/
>
> Regards,
> \r

Another little thing which makes working with linux audio faster imho is
a default folder.

* if you save  a file, it will be saved in  the default folder,  (you've
chosen  at setup (preferable) or in  preferences.)

* If you open a file, it opens the default folder.

(Of course it must be able to do 'save as' which starts in the default
folder, from where you can browse and browsing is also possible when
open something of course.)

\r