[LAD] LADI

Nedko Arnaudov nedko at arnaudov.name
Mon Dec 21 10:33:44 UTC 2009

Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey at boosthardware.com> writes:

>  From a normal users perspective we would need to have an interface that
> gave us the options:
>
> - killing already running  apps before loading a session
> - attempting to rename the apps without restarting them
> - load a new jack instance and connect it with netjack

I don't get why these features are supposed to need support from jack
itself. Session handler/manager starts the apps and it for sure knows
how to kill them (ladishd does this already). Renaming of the clients is
not needed for ladish to operate, because ladishd implements graph
virtualization and boxes you see on canvas (clients) can be renamed and
ports can be regrouped. For handling apps that use multiple JACK
clients, more useful will be to have a function that returns the
originally requested JACK client name. netjack has two main uses
(Internet and LAN) but I don't see how jack session callbacks relate to
it. ladish-2.0 (multihost capable) will be able to start additional jack
servers, local or remote and use netjack tehcnology to link them in
single multihost studio.

--
Nedko Arnaudov <GnuPG KeyID: DE1716B0>