[LAD] LADI

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabriel at teuton.org
Tue Dec 22 13:04:03 UTC 2009

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009, alex stone wrote:

> the sampler data, i.e. "when this session is opened, load this patch"
> is saved, only.

This is what I called a "handle," and this is fine (but not
great)... when the user tries to move the session to another
computer, the session will not be able to load properly
because it will be missing stuff.

And I can be OK with that... as long as it's in the specs
that it should work this way.

But at the moment, it's not well defined what is part of the
"state,"[1] nor what should (and should not) be saved in a
"jacksession" directory, nor what can be expected WRT
portability.

-gabriel

[1] For example, is window size part of the state?  What
     about window placement?  Minimize/maximize?  Do we get
     this info from the window manager or from the
     application?  Which data is considered an
     installed, persistent resource (like a
     Hydrogen drum kit) and which is considered "session
     data"?