[LAD] LADI

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabriel at teuton.org
Tue Dec 22 14:32:32 UTC 2009

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009, alex stone wrote:

>> And I can be OK with that... as long as it's in the specs that it should
>> work this way.
>>
>> But at the moment, it's not well defined what is part of the "state,"[1] nor
>> what should (and should not) be saved in a "jacksession" directory, nor what
>> can be expected WRT portability.
>
> But it was defined. A file that showed the saved state of each app
> present in the session, and a list of all connections that were
> current at the time the session was saved. Couldn't be simpler.

So, if 'Foomatic DAW' saves state with a one-liner like
this:

   <foomatic_session id='EBC429B5-373B-4840-8CCA-99FBE045EF82' />

That satisfies the requirements of your sentence.

Is it OK with you that the session doesn't load because you
moved or deleted the original project files?  And is it OK
with you that the session can't load on another computer
without manually restoring Foomatic's files?

Just asking.  For me, the answer to both is, "Not really,
but I might be willing to settle for it, though."

-gabriel