[LAD] LADI

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Dec 25 16:30:53 UTC 2009

> spinymouse-sudo at 64studio:~$ sudo apt-get install jackdbus
> [snip]
> spinymouse-sudo at 64studio:~$ gladish
> dbus_call_simple: calling method 'IsStarted' failed, error is 'The
> name org.jackaudio.service was not provided by any .service files'

Content of the package:

/.
/usr
/usr/share
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/jackdbus
/usr/share/doc/jackdbus/copyright
/usr/share/doc/jackdbus/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/jackdbus/TODO
/usr/share/doc/jackdbus/README.gz
/usr/share/doc/jackdbus/changelog.gz

;)

It made me wonder that a package should be able to add jackdbus to jackd
that isn't compiled with jackdbus, it's just the well known advice how
to compile jackd with dbus support.