[LAD] mx44...2?

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at comhem.se
Sun Dec 27 13:24:10 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-12-13 at 12:44 +0000, james morris wrote:

> [...]
> 5) gui enhancements: possibly placing the four panes into tabs,
> experiment with other layouts which might be more user friendly.

Try out if the latest layout works for you, forcing the 'Ia Ora' engine
and a reasonable size for the etched in labels. Everything should now
fit in a fairly small 800x600 window. This creates a slight dependency
though:

$ locate ia_ora.so
/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libia_ora.so

> [...]
> Talking of expanding widgets, what theme are you using in the screenshot
> on the download page? Almost every theme I've tried has really chunky
> sliders [...] And then the few themes I have found with slim sliders,
> spaces them out so much .. the mx44 window is 1408x995.

Yes I see the problem, that is so way oversized. Hopefully solved by now:

 http://web.comhem.se/luna/

/jma