[LAD] Setting fonts in pixels rather than points

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at comhem.se
Sun Dec 27 17:10:35 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-12-27 at 16:00 +0100, Arnold Krille wrote:

> If the user likes his font 64pt big, so be it. Trying to be smarter then some
> users regularly results in be dumber for most other users.
>
> Just don't do it. ....

You are talking about some general case, for an application without any
known goal or specific purpose. I am talking about the specific case,
having one goal of staying out of the way as much as possible. If I
could have crammed everything into a 64x64 px WindowMaker Applet, I
would have done so. Now plz download, compile and run it, then see if it
does not suit your Desktop anyway:

 http://web.comhem.se/luna/

If it did not look very much like what you see in the picture (excluding
the exact colours), then that is considered a bug in my book, and I
would like to hear about it!

[You'll need the 'Ia Ora' theme-engine installed: libia_ora-gnome]