[LAD] JackMix [was: LADI]

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Dec 28 18:48:55 UTC 2009

Paul Davis wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 2:19 AM, Ralf Mardorf
> <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>
>>> I'm asking as a potential user of jackmix for a quick fix to get jackmix
>>> to build when jack is installed in /usr/local/lib64. If anyone has built
>>> jackmix with jack installed in this location could you please let me
>>> know how you did it, thanks.
>>>
>>> james.
>>>
>> I had a similar problem at runtime:
>>

> if you install libraries and want them to be found automatically when
> a program runs, then the location that you installed them in has to be
> known to ld.so, the runtime linker. that means that it has to be
> defined in /etc/ld.so.conf or whatever directory-based equivalent of
> that is used by your distro. once the location is defined, the ld.so
> cache needs to be updated, an operation that can only be done by root.
>
> man ld.so
> man ldconfig
>
> will reveal more.

Running ldconfig was the first I did, but you're right, I missed that
/usr/local/lib64 wasn't added to the configuration, resp. I should have
added a link, because for 64 Studio/ Ubuntu the 64bit libs are in
/usr/local/lib, resp. /usr/lib.

OT for this problem: However there seems to be a bug for the configure
or make file, because jconvolver wants libzita-convolver.so.2, but after
compiling and installing there were only
/usr/local/lib64/libzita-convolver.so -> libzita-convolver.so.2.0.0 and
libzita-convolver.so.2.0.0, thus even if I wouldn't have made this
mistake, a link /any/used/lib_path/libzita-convolver.so.2.0.0 ->
/any/used/lib_path/libzita-convolver.so.2 is missing and needs to be added.

spinymouse-sudo at 64studio:/etc/ld.so.conf.d$ ls
kde4.conf  libc.conf  x86_64-linux-gnu.conf
spinymouse-sudo at 64studio:/etc/ld.so.conf.d$ cat libc.conf
# libc default configuration
/usr/local/lib
spinymouse-sudo at 64studio:/etc/ld.so.conf.d$ cat x86_64-linux-gnu.conf
# Multiarch support
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
spinymouse-sudo at 64studio:/etc/ld.so.conf.d$ cat kde4.conf
/usr/lib/kde4/lib

Hm, /usr/lib, /usr/lib32 will be found by default? /usr/lib64 -> lib is
a link.

Anyway, I fixed it now:

spinymouse-sudo at 64studio:/usr/local/lib64$ ls
libzita-convolver.so  libzita-convolver.so.2.0.0
spinymouse-sudo at 64studio:/usr/local/lib64$ sudo mv * /usr/local/lib
spinymouse-sudo at 64studio:/usr/local/lib64$ cd ..
spinymouse-sudo at 64studio:/usr/local$ sudo mv
/usr/lib/libzita-convolver.so.2 /usr/local/lib
spinymouse-sudo at 64studio:/usr/local$ sudo rm -r lib64
spinymouse-sudo at 64studio:/usr/local$ sudo ln -s /usr/local/lib
/usr/local/lib64
spinymouse-sudo at 64studio:/usr/local$ sudo ldconfig
spinymouse-sudo at 64studio:/usr/local$ jconvolver -h

Jconvolver 0.8.4
(C) 2006-2009 Fons Adriaensen  <fons at kokkinizita.net>

  -h                 Display this text
  -v                 Print partition list to stdout [off]
  -L <nframes>       Try to compensate <nframes> latency
  -M                 Use the FFTW_MEASURE option [off]
  -N <name>          Name to use as JACK client [jconvolver]

Thank you :).

Ralf