[LAD] GUI for audio application

Loki Davison loki.davison at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 22:12:14 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 7:11 AM, Carlo Ascani <carlo.ratm at gmail.com> wrote:
> I feel the absence of a solid Audio Widget Library, it doesn't mind if
> it's in Gtk, Qt, EFL, skinable, fancy etc...
> A library that provides 4 or 5 controls but solid like a rock and of
> course accessible.
> A knob, a slider, a vumeter, a toggle button. All packaged in a
> library, to be a point to start for junior devs like me.
> Not a library for a specific application, a general library to
> provides that simple controls.
>
> I know that libphat exists, but i've found it weird, i'm sorry.
> If someone knows some library or want to write a new one is welcome, i
> will help as much as possible.

I'd love to know what's weird about libphat :) Crappy yes, weird,
well, maybe. If you'd like to contribute to / totally change direction
of / revive from the dead phat i'd totally approve. I haven't had any
time for it for years, as i stopped using any of the apps that
actually used it. I'm keen to help with any of your ideas and there is
a few bits of good code there.

Advice thought:
Try and have a specific app that you use and want to make better. It's
a much more effective idea that making something totally generic.
After you make one app better, expand from there.

Loki