[LAD] GUI for audio application

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Dec 29 18:08:35 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 29 December 2009, Peter Nelson wrote:
>On Tue, 2009-12-29 at 22:57 +0800, Ray Rashif wrote:
>> So hold your horses, something's up. Where? Here:
>> http://calf.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=calf/calf;a=tree;f=gui;h
>>b=20a7d0fb06da3c6c48738e4521f24700c5adaf01
>>
>> And someone leaked this: http://foltman.com/Deesser.png
>>
>> 5/5 :O
>
>Very shiny. However, pretty useless as far as screen real-estate goes.
>100 or so pixels either side for 'screws' is not necessary either.

On a crowded audio workstation screen, the attempt at a 4/3 ratio for the
curve display seems to be a bit of overfill too.  So I agree with the screws
comment, real estate for the vitals only please.  I would rather see that
curve section shrink 50 pixels in favor of making that row of teeny knobs
easier to grab.  Or better yet make them horizontal sliders.

But I do have to admit its 'purty' , very nice imagery, so congratulations on
the composition. ;)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

When a fly lands on the ceiling, does it do a half roll or a half loop?