[LAD] GUI for audio application

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 18:39:10 UTC 2009

2009/12/30 Arnold Krille <arnold at arnoldarts.de>:
> On Tuesday 29 December 2009 17:35:30 Peter Nelson wrote:
>> On Tue, 2009-12-29 at 22:57 +0800, Ray Rashif wrote:
>> > So hold your horses, something's up. Where? Here:
>> > http://calf.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=calf/calf;a=tree;f=gui;h
>> >b=20a7d0fb06da3c6c48738e4521f24700c5adaf01
>> >
>> > And someone leaked this: http://foltman.com/Deesser.png
>> >
>> > 5/5 :O
>>
>> Very shiny. However, pretty useless as far as screen real-estate goes.
>> 100 or so pixels either side for 'screws' is not necessary either.

I guess this is where it becomes "personal preference". Although I'm
short on real estate myself on a 1280x800, design is where I make an
exception, especially when a GUI is trying to represent a particular
physical gear.

> And pixel-based guis are _so_ last century.
>
> When you want good guis, that is usable and scalable and good looking, its not
> about doing in gui what you do in gimp, but doing in gui what you do in
> inkscape...

Definitely, I would love to see that practised en masse.

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD