[LAD] Linux Audio Awards : postponed to 2010

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Tue Feb 3 22:24:52 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 03 February 2009 04:21:48 am Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> In the spirit of organizing a well executed Awards ceremony  and due to
> lack of interest from the business community in sponsoring the inaugural
> Linux Audio Awards for 2009 I have decided to withdraw from organising
> the event and will postpone the inaugural event to the next Linux Audio
> Conference in 2010.

A little more lead time for this would indeed be a Good Thing.  Many
commercial outfits plan their promotional spending on an annual basis, and if
you miss that planning window, you're mostly out of luck.

Cheers!

| Please try to limit the amount of "this room doesn't have any bazingas" |
| until you are told that those rooms are "punched out".  Once punched    |
| out, we have a right to complain about atrocities, missing bazingas,    |
| and such.                                                               |
|                                          -- N. Meyrowitz                |