[LAD] Request for open source solution to spectrograms and phasemeasurement

victor Victor.Lazzarini at nuim.ie
Thu Feb 5 13:17:09 UTC 2009

Can he program? I would suggest then that he should try
Python, with scipy/numpy and matplotlib. There are ready-to-go
spectrogram functions, but you can also do your FFTs and
plot them in any way you like.

In general, you get audio as a RIFF-Wave file, there is a simple
interface in scipy to do this. But I suppose you can get RT audio via
PyAudio (portaudio bindings) or the alsa python interface.

About calibration, I am not sure, but I guess this can be done
programmatically.

Other solutions: http://www.sonicvisualiser.org/
http://www.speech.kth.se/wavesurfer/

Victor