[LAD] Tascam US-1641

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Sun Feb 22 22:53:20 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-02-22 at 17:26 -0500, Allan Wind wrote:
> On 2009-02-22T15:57:21, Jan Depner wrote:
> > Well, no response on the user list.  Maybe someone here has an idea -
> > does the Tascam US-1641 work with Linux/ALSA?  I'm assuming not and have
> > written a nice email to Tascam asking for a little information.  I'm
> > assuming they're not going to be very helpful but it's worth a shot.

   I had seen this one:

> First hit for the query tascam US-1641 +linux driver:

   Somehow I missed this one but it's not a lot of help:

> Here is the only hit for the query Tascam US-1641 on the alsa user
> mailing list:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.user/32068/match=tascam+us+1641

    I had seen this one:

> Here is Tascam's driver compatibility chart:
> http://www.tascam.com/products/us-1641;9,15,1056,16.html

    I'd seen this one also:

> which suggest to me that the device requires a driver, and according to
> the alsa projects sound matrix there is none:
> http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Vendor-Tascam

    In other words, yes, I searched the web.  I was hoping there was
some evil genius floating around out there who had already performed the
magic ;-)

Jan

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
http://www.thecfband.com

"Microsoft has a new version out, Windows XP, which according to
everybody is the 'most reliable Windows ever.' To me, this is like
saying that asparagus is 'the most articulate vegetable ever.'"

Dave Barry