[LAD] exciting news about the realtime kernel tree

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at comhem.se
Fri Feb 27 16:03:29 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 08:24 -0700, Hans Fugal wrote:
> Lars-Erik Helander wrote:
> > An interesting/important question though is how many of these 50+
> > modules actually contains hw specific adaptions. As an example, for
> > audio apps you typically rely on a number of sound ("snd-*") related
> > modules of which a fair amount is hardware independent. It is only the
> > modules that implement hardware specific adaptions that needs to go
> > through the "tedious" identification process.

Mmm ... No. Even those modules that I don't know what is has to be
compiled for init (as defined now) eventually to work without errors.

Getting up to init level 2 or 3 is one thing, but then there is no
obvious mapping between the names of "modules not found" and what driver
options should be enabled to get things back to normal.

BTW: I have some 1600 files in modules/drivers! :-D