[LAD] Hello

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Tue Jan 6 02:36:06 UTC 2009

Daire O'Neill wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My name is Daire O'Neill. I've just joined the list to hopefully begin
> my learning on audio development and possibly to contribute to some
> current projects. As a beginner, I have only basic C/C++ skills, and
> have never worked on any major project before. I do have a good
> knowledge of audio technology and some basic DSP concepts, its the
> programming side of things that lets me down! I'm currently working my
> way through 'Accelerated C++' by Koenig and Moo though, so I'm
> learning every day. I really want to learn about audio development and
> become involved with an audio project, particularly a multitrack
> recorder. I would like to be able to write my own simple multitrack
> recorder eventually. Anyway, if anyone has any tips or suggestions, or
> can recommend a project where I could be of help, then please let me
> know.

Hi,

Welcome to Linux Audio Development.

There are several projects that you may be interested in contributing to.

The most advanced is Ardour. It uses c++ and you will learn a lot
studying the code.

There is also Audacity which is cross platform so that could be another
good app to get involved with.

For a full list of apps check out the apps wiki

http://apps.linuxaudio.org

Cheers.