[LAD] LAC2009

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Mon Jan 12 21:52:04 UTC 2009

Hello all,

Many thanks to all who have responded to yesterday's
message ! There is still room for more, so start
writing the paper you always wanted to write, or
preparing the workshop you always wanted to do...

The paper deadline will be extended to the 29th
of this month.

Some practical info:

There are no formal calls for workshops or for
participating in the Linux Sound Night on the
conference website. For both just drop me line.

Regarding the LSN, I had a meeting with the
management of the Teatro Lenz this afternoon.
Lenz is very much one of the 'alternative'
cultural organisations in Parma, and would
be the natural place for something like the
LSN. Normally they would be organising a
festival in April and May, and the LSN would
fit in very well into it, allowing it to be
organised at minimal cost. But thanks to the
new cultural politics of the government guided
by Il Cavaliere (Berlusconi) Lenz won't have
any funding until September, and has to cancel
the festival. It's probably still possible to
use the location, and anyway we'll do whatever
is needed to get the LSN organised.

We will add some travel and visitor info to
the website early next week.

Earlier some of you expressed the desire for
developer meetings, brainstorms or working
sessions. I'd ask any specific groups who
want to meet in Parma to get organised and
keep me informed.

Finally, it's *freezing* cold here right now,
but I promise more enjoyable meteorological
conditions in April !

Ciao,

--
FA