[LAD] Saving plugin presets

carmen _ at whats-your.name
Sun Jan 18 22:40:32 UTC 2009

> For the format, let me suggest JSON.

i like JSON too, except the lack of first-class URIs

yo can map the key names to RDF predicate URIs trivially as well. personally i just use absolute URIs for the keys, since JSON has no namespace mechanism

if you want JSON with a namespace mechanism and first class URIs, you might want to check out turtle, which tada, LV2 already uses. from your email i assume youre unaware of this?

> in this case... and the plugins could store data (wav files, etc.. )
> in its subfolders ...

LV2 uses a bundle 'folder'. im not sure i think /usr/lib/lv/blahblah.lv2 is the right place for samples. /usr/share/lv2/blahblah.lv2 maybe

at which point you have 2 'bundles'..

one bundle for each app-specific FHS location? that sounds wrong to me, and is the opposite of the idea of a bundle

a FSHy subdir inside the bundle dir (inside /usr/lib) ?

i hate that even more..

> We could setup a draft at:
> http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/audiofx_plugin_format_draft

404  i presume

> ..and gather suggestions for parameter names, options, and groups there.

lv2 already has this stuff