[LAD] more ConsoleKit

Jan Engelhardt jengelh at medozas.de
Mon Jul 13 22:21:25 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 2009-07-14 00:15, Jens M Andreasen wrote:
>On Mon, 2009-07-13 at 23:25 +0200, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just happened to use top with all threads displayed (H).
>>
>> Anyone able to explain why console-kit-daemon is running
>> more than 60 threads ?

Holy crap. Well, it (0.2.10/openSUSE 11.1) has 64 threads for me, which
seems to correspond to the maximum number of kernel ttys allocatable.

Did not the original author ever visit ##c and be told that throwing
threads at a problem is not always the right solution..pesp since we're
just talking about ttys.