[LAD] PHASEX-0.12.0-beta3

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Thu Jul 16 21:38:17 UTC 2009

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 18:16:31 +0200
Christian <krampenschiesser at freenet.de> wrote:

> William Weston schrieb:
> > Announcing the new public beta release of phasex!  All phasex users
> > are encouraged to upgrade.  Since the days of 0.11.1, all known
> > bugs and many annoying quirks have been worked out, making
> > PHASEX-0.12.0-beta3 is the most stable, best sounding, and most
> > studio friendly release yet:
> >
> > * Fixed all currently known crash issues and build issues. Code has
> > been updated for newer versions of gcc, gtk, and glibc.  Realtime
> > threading issues have been fine-tined, using realtime locks where
> > appropriate.  The build system has been fixed up for newer
> > distributions and includes default optimizations for the entire x86
> > family (run './configure --enable-arch=foo', where foo is an
> > architecture supported by your version of gcc).
> >
> > * Sound quality has been greatly refined by reshaping envelope
> > curves (eliminating pops and clicks), adding hermite interpolation
> > to the chorus (removing fuzziness from chorus), adding fine tuning
> > to oscillator frequencies and FM amounts, adding sampled
> > oscillators (currently with Juno-106 and vocal samples), fixing
> > portamento and key triggering logic, and more.
> >
> > * The JACK code has been reworked to allow multiple instances with
> > persistent instance numbers and resilience to JACK crashes and
> > restarts.
> >
> > * The GUI has been refined slightly, with a new color scheme, patch
> > folders in the file dialog shortcuts list, and a couple slight
> > optimizations to the knob code.
> >
> > * There's more.  See http://sysex.net/phasex/beta for details if
> > you're that curious.
> >
> > Since 0.12.0-beta2, fixes have been implented for GTK >= 2.16
> > (fixing Fedora 11 builds), the max polyphony has been turned into a
> > runtime configurable setting, and the build system and default
> > architecture specific optimizations have been fixed up some more.
> >
> > Source tarball and arch specific Fedora 11 RPMS are now available
> > for download:
> >
> > http://sysex.net/phasex/beta/phasex-0.12.0beta3.tar.gz
> > http://sysex.net/phasex/beta/phasex-0.12.0-0beta3.fc11.src.rpm
> > http://sysex.net/phasex/beta/phasex-0.12.0-0beta3.fc11.i386.rpm
> > http://sysex.net/phasex/beta/phasex-0.12.0-0beta3.fc11.i586.rpm
> > http://sysex.net/phasex/beta/phasex-0.12.0-0beta3.fc11.i686.rpm
> > http://sysex.net/phasex/beta/phasex-0.12.0-0beta3.fc11.athlon.rpm
> > http://sysex.net/phasex/beta/phasex-0.12.0-0beta3.fc11.amd64.rpm
> > http://sysex.net/phasex/beta/phasex-0.12.0-0beta3.fc11.x86_64.rpm
> > http://sysex.net/phasex/beta/phasex-0.12.0-0beta3.fc11.ia32e.rpm
> >
> > Build reports and bug reports, and package build files for all
> > distributions are highly welcome.  This is the final beta for
> > 0.12.0.  Any build and crash issues reported in the next two weeks
> > will be fixed for the 0.12.0 stable release.  Please direct any
> > feedback to weston at sysex.net.
> >
> > The latest version of phasex can always be found at:
> >
> > http://sysex.net/phasex
> >
> > For those of you who use git:

> [...]

Yep, thanks a lot.
I tested this version, not extensively yet, but without finding any
problems. Thanks especially for making the polyphony limit a runtime
option.

I'll see that the beta or at latest the release gets into the Arch User
Repository (someone else maintains it there and I'm waiting for a
response) and the archaudio.org binary repository.

Best regards,
Philipp