[LAD] wiki.linuxaudio.org

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Thu Jul 23 16:38:36 UTC 2009

Hi Arnout,

Your criticism is valid and you provide good suggestions.
I'll hook you up with an account to the www-drupal.

Arnout Engelen wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 02:52:40PM +0200, hollunder at gmx.at wrote:
>> we should tackle the linuxaudio.org mainpage, which is quite bad at
>> the moment.
>
> Let me give some (concrete) feedback on some of the rest of the site:
>
> I quite like the style of the main page.
>
> The 'Music' section is a bit embarassing as it still claims it is 'slated
> to become an annual CD', but then proceeds to mention only one CD created
> some 5 years ago.

ack. BTW. Does anyone know what happened to lam.fugal.net ?

> The 'Search' is good (though not great), would deserve some more exposure.
>
> The 'Mail archive' seems unusable for me (only browsing per-day? wtf?)

Instead of patching the drupal mail-archive-views, let's just make a
"Mail Archive" page that points to lists.linuxaudio.org along with some
information and links to the feeds (eg.
http://linuxaudio.org/mailarchive/lad/feed).

What do you think?

The browse-by-day is a shortcoming of drupal's mailmodule.
However once you're reading a message there (eg. search-result) you can
follow it's thread across days quite easily.

> The 'Resources' section might deserve some more attention, since that's where
> the links to the 'real stuff' are.

IMO, if we manage to visualize the resources list better, it should
become the front-page.

> http://lad.linuxaudio.org/subscribe/general.html has 2 links to 'list-specific
> pages' pointing to http://lad.linuxaudio.org/subscribe/subscribe.php. That page
> no longer exist, I'd say replace those with 'index page' and just link to
> index.html.
>
> http://lad.linuxaudio.org/resources links to 'resourceslinks.html', this
> should probably be replaced by a link to http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/newbie
>
> The 'archive' link at http://lad.linuxaudio.org/subscribe/lad.html links to
> http://lad.linuxaudio.org/subscribe/archive/lau.html , I suppose that should
> be http://lad.linuxaudio.org/archive/lad.html .

lad is mostly deprecated. It's content is to be migrated to
www.linuxaudio.org and wiki.linuxaudio.org. See comments in earlier emails.

> Who has write access to the site?

Burkhard Ritter (CCed) is site-admin and with Ico responsible for
content of www.linuxaudio.org. Ico and I are root of the server.

robin