[LAD] Background on the Impro-Visor project

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Mon Jul 27 18:19:30 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-07-27 at 13:34 -0400, laseray at gmail.com wrote:

> Size of GPL code included is irrelevant.

True.

> Inappropriate expectations. No license file was included in distribution,
> no text to indicate GPL. GPL violation #1.

Yes, but I'm willing to believe it was negligence.

> These are excuses. Not buying it. A bunch of rubbish. Assuming
> your users are dumb is very impolite.

Assuming that your users would have trouble dealing with source code is
very different from assuming they are dumb.

> You don't have to accept every suggestion. That is fine. But my suggestions
> which were actually real code were better than what you were doing. So the
> refusal was quite illogical. My code was GPL, so no problem there. The
> suggestions I made will make there way into the fork, then others will
> wonder what the heck was Bob thinking to refuse these practical bug
> fixes.

Maybe it's true, but you do sound very arrogant and pushy to me ;)

> Again, irrelevant. Excuses, excuses. All over the place. Stick to
> the license, then there is no problem.

Sure. But it sounds like it was an honest mistake. Even if it wasn't
your aggressive tone doesn't help at all.

> This contains some lies. The first message I received from Bob had
> an insulting tone to it, as if I was doing something wrong by asking for the
> source. Nice attempt at back-paddling. Rubbish, throughout.

We all know how clear-cut tone in emails is ;p
What is anyone supposed to do with lots of hearsay, anyway?

> If you want respect, give respect. Stop assuming you are somehow in a better
> position. It is very condescending.

I see a 50% chance you should apply those lines to yourself.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/