[LAD] Impro-Visor created on sourceforge

Robert Keller keller at cs.hmc.edu
Mon Jul 27 19:16:15 UTC 2009

Dear linux-audio developers,

I have created New Project https://sourceforge.net/projects/impro-
visor/ for Impro-Visor, which is its correct name. I will populate the
source later today, as I need time to get acquainted with their
system, but I have to be off right now to another important meeting
for the afternoon and can't do it instantly. The source I will post
will be our version 4.0.

Regarding the assertion made earlier by another that I did not contact
sourceforge about the fork 'improvisor', see the forwarded message.
The fact that SF did not remove the other project immediately does not
mean they won't. Not everything happens at lightspeed. It would be a
true indication of courtesy and cooperation if the creator of that
project were simply to remove 'improvisor' as a possible source of
confusion. If not, I will consider the options regarding this action.

Forking at 3.39 would not really be a problem for me, but it seems
that there would be less stress and duplication of effort overall if
we were to proceed as I am suggesting. A year of development has been
put in between 3.39 and 4.0. (Why so long, you ask? For one thing
because of changes started by students, but not integrated, sometimes
take a long time to integrate.)

And yes, I do wish to be in control of my own project, which has been
in existence for four years. It seems reasonable to me. I DO intend to
accept contributions, however.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Bob Keller

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "SourceForge.net Support" <sfnet_ops at corp.sourceforge.com>
> Date: July 27, 2009 9:20:36 AM PDT
> To: Bob.Keller at hmc.edu
> Subject: Re: Project: Improvisor has been reported as inappropriate
>
> Hello,
>
> Based on your complaint, it appears that you may wish to report a case
> of copyright infringement. SourceForge.net deals expediently with
> reports of copyright infringement.
>
> To report copyright infringement, please use our DMCA Notification
> Procedure as per
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sitelegal/wiki/DMCA%20Notification%20Procedure
>
> Regards,
> Chris Tsai
> SourceForge Support
> sfnet_ops at corp.sourceforge.com
>
> PS. When you submitted this report, you did not leave us any contact
> info to reply to. As such, I've taken the liberty of looking up your
> e-mail the Harvey Mudd College directory search. I trust this was not
> a problem.

Robert Keller
Csilla & Walt Foley Professor
Computer Science