[LAD] Impro-Visor created on sourceforge

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Tue Jul 28 13:40:59 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Tuesday 28 July 2009 11:28:39 Robert Keller wrote:
> On Jul 28, 2009, at 2:08 AM, Grammostola Rosea wrote:
> > Ok, I see there is a svn version:
> > |svn co https://impro-visor.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/impro-visor
> > impro-visor |
> > I don't see copyright and license files yet though. I think it's
> > wise to
> > add them.
> There are copyright and GPL notices in every non-trivial source file.
> Do I have to add another separate file as well?

It is seen as good service to include the text of the license in a separate
file in the sources.

And you really should add copyright-notices to all handwritten source-files
regardless of their triviality. Mostly because former trivial files might
become non-trivial files and adding a copyright-notice afterwards is kind of
like changing the license: It is easy if you are the only one who has edited
that file ever, but becomes a (legal) nightmare if others modified the file too.
So best make it very clear what license a file is right from the beginning.
Some projects even have hooks in the commit-system that warn when adding files
without license-statement.

> > Is there already a binary, because I can't find build/install options.
> > Would be nice if we could also download the binary from sourceforge,
> > without having to subscribe to the yahoo group.
> There is no binary right now. I'll think about such options.
> You build it by downloading from the root, then use ant, which reads
> the build.xml file.
> ant improvisor
> builds and runs the executable.

:-) Skip the thoughts about binaries in the version control. And add a file
named INSTALL where you write that ant-line and some explaination...

Have fun,

Arnold