[LAD] Test app for LADSPA plugins

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Tue Jul 28 17:20:06 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 12:20:44PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:

> I'd just like to remind LADSPA (and LV2) plugin authors that use of
> init() for module-level initialization has been deprecated for some
> time. Plugins should mark the module-level init function with
>
>    __attribute__((constructor))
>
> and the cleanup function formerly known as fini() as
>
>   __attribute__((destructor))
>
> failure to do this pretty much guarantees plugin crashes on OS X and
> other platforms that dropped init+fini support years ago.

Or make sure you don't need any module level init().
At least for LADSPA, all required structs can easily
be defined statically. It's done like that in all my
plugins, none of them have an init() or equivalent.

Regarding calling activate() before the port pointers
are valid, it indeed seems like the LADSPA spec does
allow this. The AMB set will be modified accordingly.

Ciao,

--
FA

Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.