[LAD] Fwd: Fw: Re: At the hands of Professor Keller and Raymond

David Robillard dave at drobilla.net
Tue Jul 28 19:19:11 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-07-28 at 16:03 +0400, alex stone wrote:
> [...]

How elegantly put :)

Most of the occasionally 'caustic' folk in this community (including
Fons) understand that heated arguments are just a part of how developers
find the best solution, and there is no ill will involved.  It's simply
a useful tool/process - and arguably, I would say, the most effective
way of hammering out good software design the world has seen to date.

Unfortunately there are always a few childish fools who don't understand
this concept (or think it's a competition and can't handle the fact that
they were wrong) and elevate silly little arguments into long term
personal grudges... Like trolls, they are best ignored while the rest of
us get on with useful things.

Cheers,

-dr

P.S. The commentators and peanut gallery really do not help either ;)