[LAD] Test app for LADSPA plugins

Damon Chaplin damon at karuna.eclipse.co.uk
Tue Jul 28 21:33:07 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-07-28 at 19:08 +0200, hollunder at gmx.at wrote:

> Hi Damon, thanks for your efforts.
>
> How does your test compare to the ladspa demolition thing?

They're pretty similar actually. Unfortunately I hadn't heard of
demolition - maybe it should be mentioned on ladspa.org or go in the
SDK. It looks like it does a bit more testing of the plugin interface
than my simple test app.

I hope plugin maintainers run that on their plugins as well.

> Are you sure you use the latest version of each? Ultimately the authors
> should test themselves, but..

I think I have the latest versions. I've built most of them from source
now to get the debugging info.

> Some ladspas you missed:
> acweight
> autotalent
> invada-studio-plugins
> njl
> vcf

acweight is OK
autotalent 0.1 is OK
invada 0.3.1 is OK
vcf is OK

njl 0.2.1 has an Invalid Write.
   in "Continuous Risset Scales" instantiate:122

It looks like:
  float *tbl = malloc(sizeof(float) * TBL_SIZE + 1);

should be:
  float *tbl = malloc(sizeof(float) * (TBL_SIZE + 1));

Damon