[LAD] Fwd: Fw: Re: At the hands of Professor Keller and Raymond

David Robillard dave at drobilla.net
Wed Jul 29 02:38:03 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-07-28 at 18:51 -0700, Robert Keller wrote:
> Anyone who cares to examine the facts can see how transparent this
> situation is.

Out of curiosity I checked.  Assuming the entire source code of the
project is contained in what you get with:

svn co https://impro-visor.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/impro-visor

at revision 12, this project is (in my non-lawyer non-authoritative
opinion, etc), very obviously and correctly licensed under the GPL
version 2 or later, in the way recommended by the FSF.

The only thing even worth mentioning is that you may want to explicitly
specify the license of the data files iff you want them to be something
other than the GPLv2+.  This is just a matter of taste (some prefer a
more liberal license for "input files"), and not a compliance problem.

In summary: As far as I can tell, the sky is not falling, and your LAD
karma is roughly +78000 LOC.  Chicken Little, whose LAD karma seems to
be 0 at best, may safely and wisely be ignored.

Thanks for sharing your work,

-dr