[LAD] Test app for LADSPA plugins

Steve Harris steve at plugin.org.uk
Wed Jul 29 14:35:21 UTC 2009

On 28 Jul 2009, at 19:04, Tim Goetze wrote:

> [Paul Davis]
>>> So will it link on OSX if I remove -nostartfiles?
>>
>> i'd suggest copying what swh's makefile does, which is something
>> like this:
>>
>> gcc -flat_namespace -undefined suppress -o .libs/ringmod_1188.so
>> -bundle  .libs/ringmod_1188.o  -lm -march=i686 -nostartfiles
>>
>> clearly, i was talking out of my rear end about -nostartfiles
>
> Thanks, unfortunately I don't feel much wiser now.  The
> developer.apple.com copy of the OSX ld man page simply says
>
>  -bundle     Produce a mach-o bundle that has file type MH_BUNDLE.

It's a looong time ago I figured out those options, but if I remember
correctly it's required to let you build real .so files.

Because of the way the Mach kernel loads libraries, OSX libraries are
not generally Mach-O bundles (.so-s), which are what you need to
dynamically load objects. They're usually .dylib files - some other
sort or Mach object.

- Steve