[LAD] How well do thinkpad notebooks work for audio?

Allan Wind allan_wind at lifeintegrity.com
Wed Jul 29 16:15:28 UTC 2009

On 2009-07-29T09:54:13, hollunder at gmx.at wrote:
> Thanks to you and everyone else who replied on and off list so far.
> It seems like your R51 is equipped with TI chipsets while the newer
> T61s have Ricoh. TI seem to be the best working ones and only some
> ricoh seem to work, and I don't know which ones.

As I mentioned off list there is a firmware change that effects
the Ricoh IEEE 1394 devices.  Someone, I believe, mentioned that
it resolved audio issues for them but check the archives.  I do
not have Firewire devices:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-68451

(Fix) Some CardBus and IEEE 1394 devices may slow down the
performance.

Lenovo, btw, offers ISO images for flashing the BIOS.  It makes
that process SO much easier than having to create a DOS
bootable image yourself.

/Allan
--
Allan Wind