[LAD] How well do thinkpad notebooks work for audio?

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Thu Jul 30 08:14:14 UTC 2009

On Thursday 30 July 2009 09:50:01 hollunder at gmx.at wrote:
> So if you need a power source anyway there's not much reason to use FW
> besides maybe being a little bit more flexible than with expresscard.

Ever tried to connect several expresscard sounddevices at once?

With firewire it is _really_ easy: just daisy-chain them together. They are
then even able to sample-sync all by the firewire-clock. (All other
technologies have to use external sync!) I would say this counts as _a lot_
more flexible.

And its really not "look out for ricoh-chipsets" but "look out for the broken
ricoh-chipsets". There are ricohs that work extremely well. (I know from my
own expirience.)

Have fun,

Arnold