[LAD] [CFP] Linux Plumbers Conference CFP ends soon!

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Sun Jun 14 22:01:55 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 12:16:22PM +0200, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

> that said, lennart, any chance you could make it to a LAC anytime soon?
> pa has got some heat lately, some deserved imho, some not, but it
> definitely serves a very palpable demand.
> i believe that after some time it can be a real blessing for casual
> users without necessary having to become a PITA for pro audio users -
> but for that, it would be nice to discuss the mutual needs and wishes
> over pizza. [2]

I agree. I'm not a PA user - I dislike 'desktop sounds' and any
serious app I expect to use Jack. But if PA could provide an
interface that would allow Jack (or other apps) to connect to it
*without any loss of performamce* compared to direct access of
an Alsa hw: device, [1] then I wouldn't mind having it installed
and being used.

[1] Except that the client would not be allowed to modify
HW paraneters, which I'd find perfectly acceptable if they
can be set elsewhere.

[2] Pizza ? In Holland ? More likely a 'broodje kroket'.

Ciao,

--
FA

Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.