[LAD] [RFC] LADSPA 1.2

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Thu Jun 18 18:53:01 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 08:46:28PM +0200, Stefano D'Angelo wrote:

> 3. Do as Fons suggested (which to me sounds like make that tiny part of the
> API a bit counter-intuitive);

It's just a conceptual change. The port_names array
becomes a general-purpose string table, the first
NPORT values are the port names, followed by any
enumerated labels if present, in the order you
would probably need them.

> 4. Use LRDF;

This is already available in the LRDF 'version'
of LADSPA. The whole point is to make it available
in the non-LRDF way of doing things.

> 5. Add something like this to the API:
>
> struct {
>   float value;
>   const char *name;
> } ladspa_port_value_enum;
>
> struct ladspa_port_value_enum * ladspa_get_port_value_enums(unsigned long
> descriptor_index, unsigned long port_index);

Would not be backwards compatible as far as I can see.

Ciao,

--
FA

Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.