[LAD] [ANNOUNCE] Safe real-time on the desktop by default; Desktop/audio RT developers, read this!

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Jun 19 18:32:10 UTC 2009

Lennart Poettering wrote:
> So what does RealtimeKit do that previous solutions didn't do? rtkit
> relies on a new kernel feature SCHED_RESET_ON_FORK that got recently
> merged into Ingo's tree and will hence shortly appear in 2.6.31.

Is it proved not to negative affect MIDI jitter? It seems to be an up
and down with kernel versions. Audio always seems to be fine, while MIDI
jitter increases or decreases randomly from version to version. It
should been proved that it won't have unwanted effects, before it's
included to the rt patch's tree. I'm a user only, it's not an
assumption, just a question.

Best,
Ralf

--