[LAD] [ANNOUNCE] Safe real-time on the desktop by default; Desktop/audio RT developers, read this!

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Mon Jun 22 22:00:59 UTC 2009

On Monday 22 June 2009 17:37:20 Lennart Poettering wrote:
>  The amount of constructive criticism in this thread is next
> to zero, nobody even bothers to read the README before just fudding
> around.

I am one of those who also haven't read the README. I have been trying to
follow this thread with a bit more than non-interested care though.

> rtkit is a just missing piece of the puzzle that allows distros to
> enable RT by default for their desktop users.

Here is a small bit of an attempt at being constructive.

I don't think I saw any assertion in the thread as to the benefits of enabling
RT by default for all desktop users? (I may have missed it or forgotten it
though) What is gained by this? What are normal desktop users doing than
needs RT? (I am asking out of a large pool of ignorance here but I have a
feeling from the thread that people may not be seeing the benefit of
this...???)

all the best,

drew