[LAD] RFC: Default discovery paths for LADSPA, LRDF, LV2 and DSSI (and more?)

Steve Harris steve at plugin.org.uk
Wed Jun 24 16:49:48 UTC 2009

On 24 Jun 2009, at 17:24, Stefano D'Angelo wrote:

> 2009/6/24 Steve Harris <steve at plugin.org.uk>:
>> http://lv2plug.in/docs/index.php?title=Filesystem_Locations
>> http://www.ladspa.org/ladspa_sdk/shared_plugins.html
>
> Ah, good, I didn't know about those pages :-) (maybe link the lv2 one
> in the specification page on lv2plug.in?)

It's linked from the main page of the documentation: http://lv2plug.in/docs/index.php?title=Main_Page
That seems like the most appropriate place to me.

> Well, if we can do the same with Windows, LRDF and DSSI (Chris?), that
> would be awesome (for example, IIRC Audacity looks for LADSPA plugins
> in one of its subdirectories on Windows, which is bad IMO).

LRDF defines where the RDF files should be, /usr/share/ladspa
something I think. It's obsoleted by LV2 anyway though. Converting
LADSPA+LRDF plugins to LV2 is easy.

I thought DSSI did define common paths, but perhaps not.

- Steve