[LAD] kernel 2.6.29 rc6 no working rme multiface 1

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Mon Mar 2 11:06:29 UTC 2009

hi dmitry and michael,

i was experiencing a similar issue myself ...

> 2.6.24 works, 2.6.28 doesn't (tried 2.6.8-ARCH and 2.6.28.7-1-ARCH).
> I reported the problem to alsa-devel list, but they said I have hw
> problems (I think I do not).

could you try the patch i posted a few days ago on alsa-devel? it solved
the issue for me ...
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel/60411

it would be very odd, if several people experience the same hardware
problem starting with recent kernel versions :)

best, tim

tim at klingt.org
http://tim.klingt.org

Desperation is the raw material of drastic change. Only those who can
leave behind everything they have ever believed in can hope to escape.
  William S. Burroughs