[LAD] JACK and computer sleeping

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Mar 6 12:05:35 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 4:51 AM, Ray Rashif <schivmeister at gmail.com> wrote:

> Only for mobile machines. I really cannot do without at least frequency
> scaling (heat) and sleep (suspend-to-ram; quick access).

sorry, but you just don't do realtime low latency audio on a machine that
has either of these things happening to it. at least not today.

i agree that a signal to tell JACK to "sleep" when the machine is suspended,
hibernated or whatever would be a good idea. it probably already exists via
d-bus and/or other similar mechanisms on non-linux platforms.