[LAD] Speech noise removal

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Mon Mar 9 11:00:52 UTC 2009

Olivier Guilyardi wrote:
> I'm looking for material, docs and/or software to remove speech noise, as caused by the movements of the mouth.

Depending on the material recorded, I sometimes go through a vocal track
in Ardour and remove noises from breathing, lip sounds, and other
extraneous sounds. I find that the resulting mix is cleaner by removing
these sounds, but I also notice that many commercial recordings don't
bother removing them.

It would be nice to have a plugin that can identify and mark such
segments, then I could mute or remove them all at once.

Best,

dp