[LAD] Anyone out there familiar with the code base of sonic visualizer?

Nathanael Anderson wirelessdreamer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 20:00:23 UTC 2009

Anyone on the list familiar with the code base of sonic visualizer? I'm
wondering if it would be possible to make a standalone program that works
multiplatform and can read live audio data, and return an array of the
likelyhood that each note was played in an audio stream in the previous 20ms
(not a hard limit, just an example). Similar to how the melodic range
visualization works, everytime x samples are read, check which chords, and
octives they fall into, so say there is an 88 position array of all notes
that are on a keyboard, and middle c is played, so position 60 in the array
would get a high value. I want to be able to work off acoustic data. This in
not going to be used to drive a sequencer or anything. I just want to be
able to check if said note was played.

Thanks in advance for any feedback. If there is another program that you
think would provide better results please let me know. I've tried aubio, and
it crashed all the time on me.

Nathanael