[LAD] Speech noise removal

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Wed Mar 11 17:14:58 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Olivier Guilyardi <list at samalyse.com> wrote:
> Plus, before removal, visual/auditive review of the detected noises (in some
> sort of audio editor) sounds quite important: there's alway a risk to confuse a
> noise with the end of a phrase or an other element of speech. So I might need to
> craft a little gui, or manage to integrate this detection into rezound, ardour,
> etc..

I'm not sure I have any useful thoughts about the actual detection
method, but I notice your screenshots use SV.  If you could make a
Vamp plugin (turning, say, frequency-domain input into output features
with duration that identify the noisy regions), you would then be able
to review the results in either SV or Audacity.

And although you can't edit the audio in SV, by chance I'm just
planning to make a little command-line program to split audio files
according to the feature locations returned by Vamp plugins run on
them, which might help to provide one of the missing pieces.

Just a thought anyway.

Chris