[LAD] Speech noise removal

Olivier Guilyardi list at samalyse.com
Thu Mar 12 18:19:45 UTC 2009

Paul Davis wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 11:43 AM, Olivier Guilyardi <list at samalyse.com
> <mailto:list at samalyse.com>> wrote:

[...]
>     Will the regions reported by the vamp plugin turn into selected
>     regions in ardour?
>

> currently VAMP is used within the context of "rhythm ferret" - the
> analysis done by the VAMP plugin becomes a set of lines drawn on the
> region(s) and you can then optionally split the region(s) at the lines.
> at the moment, we use the note onset and percussive onset detection plugins.

Well, for a noise detection vamp plugin to really increase productivity, I think
it's necessary to:
1 - run the plugin to detect the noises and show them as selections
2 - review the noises, maybe unselect a few false positives
3 - then silence all (remaining) selections at once

IIUC, this isn't currently possible in Ardour, is it?

--
  Olivier