[LAD] [Jack-Devel] more jack/qjackctl madness : some comments

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Sun May 17 23:59:09 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 08:04:54PM +0200, Stéphane Letz wrote:

> The point is that when compiled in D-Bus mode, libjack behaves differently
> regarding the way it start the server: it does not use the fork+exec mode
> anymore but call the D-Bus service to start the server. This "simple"
> change is the source of all the problems we then see.

That itself is not the source of the problems.

The source is that even after the server that was started
as explained above has been terminated, D-Bus leaves a
daemon running that tries to be clever but gets it wrong.
Which effectively blocks whatever the user wants to do,
as it only allows to restart the previous server and
even restarts it before anyone has asked for it.

Ciao,

--
FA

Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.