[LAD] [Jack-Devel] more jack/qjackctl madness

Nedko Arnaudov nedko at arnaudov.name
Mon May 18 08:10:58 UTC 2009

Fons Adriaensen <fons at kokkinizita.net> writes:

> On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 09:36:12AM +0200, Stéphane Letz wrote:
>
>> I really appreciate your feedback...,  but AFAICS Qjackctl is *absolutely*
>> not using the DBUS layer!
>
> Then please tell what this is:  (ps -ef output)
>
> fons      2444     1  0 10:43 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/jackdbus auto
>
> Killing this makes qjackctl behave normally again,
> and allows me to start the server configured in it
> Setup window instead of getting a different one.

Presence of jackbus process does not mean that jack server is
started. It means that jack server may or may not be started. jackdbus
service is there to allow in future creation of multiple jack servers.

the easiest way to check whether jack server is started by jackdbus
service is:

jack_control status

--
Nedko Arnaudov <GnuPG KeyID: DE1716B0>