[LAD] [Jack-Devel] more jack/qjackctl madness

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Mon May 18 12:07:36 UTC 2009

On Monday 18 May 2009 05:49:01 Jan Weil wrote:
> If it is indeed a
> compile time option, the design is flawed IMHO. Generally, the new
> control API sounds like a good idea but why can't the new features be
> exposed as new command line tools without dbus dependency per default?
> So you want the dbus interface? Fine, just install jack-control-dbus or
> whatever.
>
> Or am I not getting it?
>
> Jan

I have asked similar questions with pretty much the same intent re the compile
time issue twice now and don't recall seeing a response to either.

Also, I have not seen anyone who is "championing" the dbus / pulse side of
things explain what is happening to Fons. It almost seems like they are
telling him he can't be seeing what he is reporting.

So, dbus guys, how is it that dbus is (re)starting on qjackctl launch? (Fons,
isn't that what you are saying?) And why is it starting a jackd with
different parameters that are in the rc file and in the qjackctl setup
config?

How does dbus know what parameters to start jack with? Where is that
configured? (Perhaps this will solve the issue, I don't recall this
information passing before my eyes in this thread so far.)

all the best,

drew