[LAD] [Jack-Devel] more jack/qjackctl madness : some comments

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Tue May 19 18:21:43 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> The latest version of the Atari Cubase still can run sessions of the
> first version, sometimes you can't do this with Rosegarden between two
> versions

Quite off-topic, but I can't let this pass.  Any release of Rosegarden
made in the last decade can load sessions made with any other release
-- even a later one -- and we're particularly careful to make sure
files never break from one release to the next.  (Bugs do happen, but
we take this class of bug quite seriously.)

Of course, if the session uses features that don't exist in the
version you're loading it into, you won't get those features in your
session and they'll be lost when you save it again.  But that's to be
expected.

Rosegarden is better than most other software in this respect, open
source or proprietary.

Chris