weston at sysex.net
Thu May 21 07:38:12 UTC 2009
I've been away from the dev circles for a while, but I haven't
forgotten about keeping phasex up to date. The new phasex beta
targets all of the current build/usability issues, and includes a ton
of small changes and fixes:
- Clearer licensing (code and samples GPLv2, patches public domain).
- Reworked JACK connection code (can now survive JACK restarts when
running multiple instances).
- Initial support for sampled oscillator waveforms (Juno-106 and vocal
waveforms currently included).
- Sound quality improvements (super-clean chorus using hermite
interpolation, cleaner envelope curves, smoothing added for
pitchbender adjustments, and fixes for portamento and mono
- New parameters (pan, lfo support for resonance, fine-tuning for osc
pitch and fm).
- Fixed 64 bit builds.
- Added new architectures in the x86 family.
- Fixed file dialog problems with newer GTK builds.
- New GTK theme and color scheme.
- See the ChangeLog for more...
This beta aims at being a stable release. All of the currently known
showstoppers have been fixed. Builds under Fedora 8 and Fedora 10
behave well with jackd and jackdmp. Builds under Debian/Ubuntu and
with jackdbus have not yet been tested. Any build and crash reports
would be greatly appreciated, especially from distribution
maintainers. I aim to release a stable 0.12.0 in a couple of weeks,
including updated patches.
Check out http://sysex.net/phasex/beta to download the latest phasex
tarballs and Fedora 10 RPMs. Alternatively, you can try out the new
git clone http://sysex.net/git/phasex.git
It's nice to be back working on Linux audio!
More information about the Linux-audio-dev