[LAD] phasex-0.12.0-beta2

William Weston weston at sysex.net
Thu May 21 07:38:12 UTC 2009

Announcing phasex-0.12.0-beta2

I've been away from the dev circles for a while, but I haven't
forgotten about keeping phasex up to date.  The new phasex beta
targets all of the current build/usability issues, and includes a ton
of small changes and fixes:

- Clearer licensing (code and samples GPLv2, patches public domain).

- Reworked JACK connection code (can now survive JACK restarts when
   running multiple instances).

- Initial support for sampled oscillator waveforms (Juno-106 and vocal
   waveforms currently included).

- Sound quality improvements (super-clean chorus using hermite
   interpolation, cleaner envelope curves, smoothing added for
   pitchbender adjustments, and fixes for portamento and mono
   keymode triggering).

- New parameters (pan, lfo support for resonance, fine-tuning for osc
   pitch and fm).

- Fixed 64 bit builds.

- Added new architectures in the x86 family.

- Fixed file dialog problems with newer GTK builds.

- New GTK theme and color scheme.

- See the ChangeLog for more...

This beta aims at being a stable release.  All of the currently known
showstoppers have been fixed.  Builds under Fedora 8 and Fedora 10
behave well with jackd and jackdmp.  Builds under Debian/Ubuntu and
with jackdbus have not yet been tested.  Any build and crash reports
would be greatly appreciated, especially from distribution
maintainers.  I aim to release a stable 0.12.0 in a couple of weeks,
including updated patches.

Check out http://sysex.net/phasex/beta to download the latest phasex
tarballs and Fedora 10 RPMs.  Alternatively, you can try out the new
git repositoty:

     git clone http://sysex.net/git/phasex.git

It's nice to be back working on Linux audio!

Cheers,
--ww