[LAD] supporting a dedicated DSP chip with ALSA

Ziv Haziz Ziv.Haziz at dspg.com
Sun May 31 19:22:53 UTC 2009

Thought to score two in one (both un encoded and encoded streams via the
same interface)....
Ok, when passing only PCM is it possible to make a plug-in that will
receive all the control from the ALSA but the data will still pass
through the ALSA to kernel driver?

Will control include receiving mixer, volume, etc ?

Or

Do a plugin for both data and control ? will there be a performance
issue in this case?