[LAD] Fwd: [Maybe OT] Linux Audio Apps Clasification

Daniel Vidal danielvidalchornet at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 11:10:46 UTC 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Daniel Vidal <danielvidalchornet at gmail.com>
Date: 2009/11/6
Subject: Re: [LAD] [Maybe OT] Linux Audio Apps Clasification
To: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <pedro.lopez.cabanillas at gmail.com>

Thx Pedro (¿i can say "gracias Pedro?)

    Yes... i read the standars before post. But my call is not only to make
new categories but also to apply existing ones... a very large number of
audio apps comes with only "AudioVideo" tag...

    And yes... This task can be done for other people than developers... in
fact the Suse packagers do this task to manage menus... Debian make your own
.desktop files and put your own submenu... but only take two posible tags...
"sound" and "video". The problem remains unsolved.

  I can also edit the .desktop files to put my own categories... but i think
this is not a practical solution... if the user update any app... these
changes can be lost... and the user can view how the app disapear from the
menus...

Regards